AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

I have a 10 year old ST oven that won't heat. the grill does

Customer Question

hi Pearl, I have a 10 year old ST George oven that won't heat. the grill does but the red light for the heat cycle doesn't turn on when you turn the oven on!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: when the oven is turned on in any mode, the red element light doesn't turn on.... so no heat. the light and fan come on as usual, just no heat. I think it may be the thermostat but not wise enough to know for sure!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Whitegoods Technician should know?
Customer: the grill works!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

Please provide me with the model number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its UEO-7A

This would be a thermostat problem. It would need to be replaced to fix this.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Thank you for using Just Answer.