Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

8 year old fisherpaykel washing machine model WH60F60W1

Customer Question

8 year old fisherpaykel washing machine model WH60F60W1 serial no. 07-101627-02
load machine shut door - control panel lights up - won't start - tried 3 second reset process without success
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

When you try and start it is the door actually locking so you cannot open it?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that.

The most common cause of this fault is worn carbon brushes in the motor.

What you need to do is unplug the washer and pull it out and lean it backwards against a wall and have some one hold it for you.

Then lie down and look under the washer. There you will see the back of the motor.

There either side are the carbon brushes in the plastic holders. Remove these and see if they have worn down.

If they are less then 5mm then they have worn and will need to be replaced.

Then retry it and im sure this will cure the fault from there and get it up and running again.

Try that and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both carbon bushes are borderline 5mm. Please advise if I can buy replacement brushes to fit myself and if so how much?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok they have worn and that is what is causing the problem here.
You can either get them from your local spars shop just google it from your location and it should show you some. Or you can get them online from the website below.http://spares.bigwarehouse.com.auThen with a new set in I'm sure this will cure the fault for you.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer?

Have you managed to sort it yet?

Regards