Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

The dishwasher is making a strange rattling noise even when

Customer Question

The dishwasher is making a strange rattling noise even when turned off. It is not working. A bit of water has not drained from yesterday.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.Good morning.

Good morning, Here is what i like you to do. Your water for your dishwasher should be hooked up to your hot water under your sink. Turn the hot water off and see if you still hear the noise.

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The noise you are hearing is from the drain pump. Water has gotten into the base of the machine, under the tub, and actuated the flood cycle. That water will need to be dried up to restore normal operation.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?