Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

We have a Siemans 1SCA706X OVEN. wE CANT TURN IT OFF? tURNED

Customer Question

We have a Siemans 1SCA706X OVEN. wE CANT TURN IT OFF? tURNED IT ON TO GET RID OF THE NEW SMELL AND NOW CANT TURN IT OFF
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: JUST CANT TURN IT OFF. BOTH SIVER BARS POINTING UP ON LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE BUT OVEN IS STILL ON
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: NO..EXCEPT IS NEW
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it is new and turned top off, it is either wired incorrectly or the oven circuit has failed. In any event, you will need to call for warranty repair or void your warranty by repairing it yourself. Be sure to turn the mains off while you wait for service. If you would like to work it out yourself, I am happy to help you with that, too. You will need a meter to perform some voltage testing. Do you have a meter to perform any testing with?