John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

We have an E15 error, the washer wants to stay on and none

Customer Question

we have an E15 error, the washer wants to stay on and none of the buttons will work, we have turned it off at the power point and attempted several times to start. we have checked all filters and they are clean no debre in the hose filters. we have recently completed a clean cycle.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

May I please have the brand name and model number, so I can look for the necessary technical information for your washer? Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
bosch lifestyle automatic SMU65M15AU/32
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

The control board by showing the E 15, is indicating it detects a leak in the base of the machine. When you checked the water supply hoses, did you notice any standing water on the floor beneath the washer? If not, remove the rear panel, and inspect the base of the machine for standing water or wet spots there. Please let me know what you find. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We disconnected the hose of the dish washer and pulled the unit out, there is 2 pipes - outlet waste water and the hot water feed. there is no removable panel or catchment area behind the unit. the back is a sealed unit. there was no sign of any water on the floor and we checked that the pipes were not kinked. I pushed the unit back into the recess and hook up the hot water pipe making sure the hoses again were not kinked. we turned the power back on and the machine had reset itself, we completed a full cycle and at the end of this the unit came up with the same error 15 . what we did notice is the error only come up at the end of a cycle. we did check inside to see if the water had drained for the unit and the base filter and water catchment reservoir was empty. can you help
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

OK. Try tipping the machine back until the error code disappears, then press the off button. Set the washer back down, and initiate a normal wash cycle. If the washer does not run a complete cycle, the control board will need to be replaced. I'll search for the part number, and I'll get back to you.

Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

If you go to www.bosch-home.com, and follow their menu instructions, you'll find photos of several available control modules. You'll need to match the control you have on your dishwasher.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.