Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My Siemens fridge/freezer is not dispensing ice (cubes or

Customer Question

My Siemens fridge/freezer is not dispensing ice (cubes or crushed). The water function is working.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you hear the auger motor humming or buzzing when you select an ice dispensing setting, then there may be a jam or the motor may be faulty. However, if you hear nothing, you likely have a wire that has broken in the door harness that connects to the main harness at the door hinge. Can you inspect that connection for issues?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a buzzing. How do I find the model number?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so the auger motor may be faulty or there is an ice jam in the cube container. What happens if you remove the ice bucket, does the motor sound different? The model tag should be on a side wall in the fresh food section, or maybe up on the ceiling.