Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Bryan - I dont mind paying providing I can fix the problem.

Customer Question

Bryan - I dont mind paying for service providing I can fix the problem. It seems that I will require technical advice from the manufacturer as I am 2 months outside of warranty period. If the advice tells me what I already know, I dont feel it is right to have an obligation to pay. Can you let me know your expectations for payment if the problem requires manufacturer response? Thanks
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The sensor that monitors the ice level is most likely faulty. However, Edgestar is not showing any replacement parts available to the consumer, so it may not be serviceable or they may require you send it in for repair. Typically, when no repair parts are available, the unit is imported and designed as a disposable appliance. Edgestar may be reached at 1-***-***-**** if you should choose to contact them to get them to cover it or possibly replace the machine since it is so near in warranty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly - thanks for your response.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You bet, Ron, thank you!