Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Otsein Hoover 5.5kg family top loader washing

Customer Question

hello I have a Otsein Hoover 5.5kg family top loader washing machine but the programme seems to be stuck and switches off for less that a scond and then starts again for a few more minutes emptying and the drum may go round for a few turns I firat demantled the progamme dial to see if all the connecting pins were ok and the small motor on the dial is working and all pins contacts are correct I dont know where else to look
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The pressure switch probably senses that there is water in the tub that needs to be pumped out if the pump keeps running. It may be that the tube from the tub to the pump is plugged. The pressure switch is in the timer console and will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?