Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Our smeg clothes washing machine does not spin anymore just

Customer Question

hi our smeg clothes washing machine does not spin anymore just makes a pumping noise and displays end
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the door has locked and if you turn on and off is just goes back to the part of the cycle you left before you turned off
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue is either related to an electronic control failure or a problem within the pressure switch circuit. Unplug the appliance for at least 4 hours to reset the electronics. The pressure switch is mounted at the top of the cabinet, just under the main top when it is removed. It will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?