Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Have a Westinghouse Rs 643t fridge alarm coming on can you

Customer Question

Hi have a Westinghouse Rs 643t fridge alarm coming on can you give me some idea what the problem is thanks.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The alarm will sound if the control thinks the doors are open or if the temperatures inside are too warm. Do either of these conditions exist? Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Kelly,fan is running ice maker is working it's a twin door ,fridge side is not cold freezer seems ok little frost on the inside back hope you can help me.cheers
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Thank you! The fresh food side gets its cold air from the freezer, so if there is frost on back panel showing, there is a lot more frost behind the panel. Can you remove the rear panel from inside the freezer section to get a look back there? That is where the defrost heater, thermostat and thermal fuse will be found. One of them has failed.