Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Greetings, Hoover Galaxy Auto wash m/c, all functions ok new

Customer Question

Greetings, Hoover Galaxy Auto wash m/c, all functions ok new belt, motor ok, but drum won't spin on spin dry cycle but agitator spins slowly. Any thoughts/suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: M/c is a top loader, all cycles ok wash fill drain rinse etc, just the spin dry will not spin the bowl. Motor ok, new belt. Still no spindry.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the agitator is spinning when the tub should be, the issue is within the gearcase assembly. Any grinding or other odd noises?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Kelly
Larry here will get specifics to you in about 3 hrs time say 1030 hrs.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
0810hrs Hi Kelly,
No there is no sign or sound of internal gear case problems. With the rear of the M/c removed and the selector set to spindry, when the lid switch is depressed the adjitator spins at a moderate speed but the wash drum remains stationary. All other functions are ok.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.