Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

The cold water does not load the machine except a trickle;

Customer Question

The cold water does not load the machine except a trickle; hot water seems allright.
model # ***** 612 top loader
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is either that the water supply is not good from your home's valve or the inlet valve on the machine is plugged or faulty. Have you removed the hose to check the valve screen for blockages, like sand or sediment/rust particles?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did that first up; removed the pipes, checked the inlet nozzle and filter. Pressure from the taps is fine. I think the fault may be electronic in the regulator of the cold water flow --which would seem the province of a technician, unless you have other thoughts..
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

The water valve itself will need to be replaced. That part is accessed by removing the screws along the side edges, closest to the front and covered by plastic cosmetic caps. Once removed, the top will hinge up and get you to the valve for replacement.

CLICK HERE