Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Simpson SWF10761 front loader washing machine &

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Simpson SWF10761 front loader washing machine & have not long finished a wash cycle but the door won't open.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If there is water that has not pumped out, the control will not allow the door to unlock. If there is no water in the tub, the door lock is likely faulty. Do you hear the door lock humming or buzzing?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is definitely no water visible in the tub & I didn't hear any noise from the lock. I ran the machine through another cycle but still nothing. When I try open the door the handle doesn't seem to have the same resistance it usually does...
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Looking at page 3 in the diagrams at the link below, does it feel like maybe the handle is broken and not releasing the lock?

CLICK HERE