Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Westinghouse fridge / freezer ( an upside one) we

Customer Question

Hi I have a Westinghouse fridge / freezer ( an upside one) we have had it for nearly 10 years, we have come home from holiday to find it off yet again, this keeps happening every time we go away, have had a n electrician check out all the points (circuit breakers etc) but all ok. this time the smell of our food was absolutely disgusting!! There was seafood in our freezer !
Anyway, we have cleaned the fridge from top to bottom and it doesn't seem to be cooling properly the freezer isn't working properly (icecream soft). When the fridge door is open it beeps the whole time and the diagram of the cooling temperature gauge at the back is all red.
What do you think is wrong with our fridge.
thanks anna
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry its actually a fisher and pykal model E 522B
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the freezer is not cooling well, the cooling system is likely becoming inefficient or has a leak. At 10 years old and given the expense of lost food, I would replace the refrigerator.