Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Fran Saunders, we have a Westinghouse mastermind about 8

Customer Question

Customer: Fran Saunders, we have a Westinghouse mastermind about 8 years old. Freezer is working but fridge is only at 13 degrees. Fan is working, have tried various control settings but to no avail. Food in freezer seems to be on a slow defrost. Is it worth trying to get it fixed? if so how expensive would it be as compared to paying for a new one. Would have thought 8 years is not really old
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: tolf
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! if the compressor is running, you likely have a sealed system refrigeration issue that will not likely be worth repairing on an 8 year old product. Is the compressor running?