Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My Westinghouse freestyle upright freezer is cold but not

Customer Question

My Westinghouse freestyle upright freezer is cold but not freezing, have checked evaporator fan and it is working. When turned off and backing plates removed there was a slight build up of frost on the coils. A couple of week ago a piece of towelling which was lying on top of the freezer dropped over and down which prevented the freezer door from closing correctly, when checked the following morning food had started to thaw, compressor at rear was very hot to touch. Freezer was turned off for 24 hours and then started again, gets cold but not freezing?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the frost pattern was not equal on the entire coil, you have an inefficient compressor or a coolant leak. Was the frost equal on the coil?