Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I'm keen to fix my Electrolux EWF1083 front loader washing

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I'm keen to fix my Electrolux EWF1083 front loader washing machine. Time management.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That was quick……I turn the main knob clockwise to cottons….press start….the machine beings pumping water in ……then nothing….normally it begins to spin….nothing……I check the drain …as normally its full of coins….and there was nothing in there…..I ended up tipping the machine on its side and pulled the rubber hose that goes to the drain off and got out a couple of coins…..I thought that may fix it….but no…..so then I found this site….and tried reseting after reading what you wrote to another who was having with same machine…..I got the flashing lights…turned on and off twice….then turned on again….as soon as I hit the start button…a water pump began that poured water on the front door for a few seconds…then it went all quite again…….appreciate any help. ta.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Whitegoods Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The erratic operation is indicative of an electronic control failure. When it stops working, what exactly happens at the control panel? Does it go totally dead or any lights flashing? Does the pump begin to run?