Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

NEF dishwasher running seconds then stopping
, Its a

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, NEF dishwasher running for 15 seconds then stopping
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hi Its a 5456 and you start the program, , it pumps out remaining water from last wash for 10-15 seconds then stops. When you open door F is displayed.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I can wait for a bit.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect there is an issue with the drainage of the machine. Is there a number displayed after the F and is there water in the tub that has not been drained out?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Thanks for getting back re dishwasher. At start of program,machine appears to pump out remaining water for 15 seconds or so, then there is a click and everything stops. When you open door there is the F symbol but no number or anything else.I inspected filter under grate and the impeller and all looks ok. I have since found that no water is entering machine through inlet line (I undid) line at back of machine while water is turned on )and suspect that the aqua stop is faulty and stopping it entering line or the float or switch actuating the aqua stop may be faulty. I can't find where this float and switch is however.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

The float is under the tub, it rests on the base and has a plastic rod on top of it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Kelly,
Cant find it unfortunately. There is a large white plastic casing underneath the machine that I can't find screws for to remove.I found a red float with red plastic rod on the left side , but I think it may be the anti flood float that one? I saw it was also connected to a polystyrene float sitting on base.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

I looked up what I believe is your model, and that model has the float on the left side of the tub and the actuator arm rests on the polystyrene block on the bottom. See the attached page.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Kelly,
Thanks for looking that up - much appreciated. Seems that this float is perfectly dry and clean and moves freely, so fault must be in the water inlet aqua stop device I am now assuming, as something is not allowing the water to enter the machine to start wash.Would you be thinking that way? Thanks, Craig.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

I would agree. Any humming from the Aquastop when it should be filling?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Kelly,
There is a humming when I switch on machine - like an electrical hum and seems to come from left hand side of machine, but not from the aqua stop which is at the tap end. Thanks , Craig
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

So the drain pump is kicking on. Does it stay on for a while before it errors out?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Kelly, Yes drain pump pumps out any remaining water ok, then it stops after say 15 seconds and all goes quiet and nothing more happens, apart from the electrical hum that can be heard when you initially switch on machine.When you open door it has F on the display, as if the program has finished. Thanks , Craig.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

It sounds like the water inlet is not allowing water into the machine after the drain pump stops. Can you see if the buzzing noise is coming from the water inlet?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Kelly,
Electrical humming noise is coming from back lower left side of machine, but water inlet aqua stop is at tap end of hose 1metre away. Regards,
Craig