Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Ya!!! I have a westinghouse auroura frost free nbottom mount

Customer Question

Customer: Hiya!!! My name is***** have a westinghouse auroura frost free nbottom mount fridge freezer bought back in 1995. The fridge isn't getting cold - sits aroung 10-12 degrees (have a thermometer sitting in there). The freezer is still freezing. I had a tech look at it & he said there is an internal gas leak & not worth fixing. I had another tech tell me that can't be right as the freezer wouldn't be still working if there was a gas leak. Are you able to give me any advice? is it worth fixing?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: basically what I've said - I moved the fridge on saturday to get rid of a mouse & since the the fridge hasn't felt cold so I put a thermometer in it & it sits at around 10-12 degrees. I checked the freezer & everything is still frozen & doesn't appear to be defrosting. I had a tech look at it on wednesday i wasn't there - he told me mum about the gas leak. I've tried adjusting the temperature thingy inside the fridge - hasn't changed the temperature inside the fridge.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the freezer is working fine, you have an air flow issue. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?