Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My f&p E521T is not freezing food i took the back off to see

Customer Question

Customer: my f&p E521T is not freezing food i took the back off to see if fan is ok and is running and not much ice anywhere but i put all back together and the light is flashing and there is a soft intermittent hum coming from the top back of the freezer , i tried to reset but after a minute or two the warning came back.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it was working before i removed the back of freezer but was making some ice ibuild up n the freezer but now as i said the warning light is flashing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It sounds like the compressor is unable to start. Can you access the back of the cabinet to inspect the compressor to see if it is running?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
compressor is working well and now freezer works but fridge is not quite low enough temp its cool but not cold and the warning beeper comes back every 5hours
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
iremoved panel inside the fridge and there was a little ice but not much ijust spun it a few times manualy yhen powered up with closed door and opened it and fan was spinning but then stopped
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
iu mean i spun the fan between the freeze and fridge section
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Did you thaw the ice completely so it is not impeding air flow?