AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

I have a 2 door F&P fridge, freezer working fine at -18C.

Customer Question

Customer: My name is***** have a 2 door F&P fridge, freezer working fine at -18C. Fridge is warm. Approx. 12 to 20 C.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have been trying to check if the fan is running, but can't find the switch for the light, which should also switch on the fan. I have assumed the fan isn't working and wanted to test it. Where is the door switch?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Whitegoods Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, I will see how I get on in the mean time.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Tech-Care replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thankyou for using this service!

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your fridge.

Let's work together to find out what is wrong :)

The most likely problem you are having is the freezer is not defrosting properly.

The easiest way to find out of that is the problem is to remove the food from the freezer and open the freezer door and unplug the fridge and place a fan or hair dryer to blow into the freezer to melt off the frost that has accumulated behind the back panel. Unless you remove the panel, you will not be able to see the frost, so you will need to give it a few hours to allow it to melt off. Once you have done that , just plug it back in a check out if the food section starts getting cold. You should be able to feel the cold air coming from the upper vents. Let me know what you find.