Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

We called a fridge mechanic who told us to turn the fridge

Customer Question

We called a fridge mechanic who told us to turn the fridge off for 2 days and the problem would stop. We did this and the problem stopped for 2 days and is now happening again all the time. I am sick of wiping water out of the fridge, so would be pleased if you could help me with a solution.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Tech-Care replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thankyou for using this service!

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your fridge:(

Let's work together to find out what is wrong :)

I am going to assume youhave water dripping down into the food section from the freezer.

This is caused by the defroster drain located up inside the freezer behind the back panel. You need to get the drain tube cleared out so that the defrost water will flow freely down the drain tube to the bottom of the fridge into the collection pan. Leaving it off for a couple days will sometimes melt out the ice that has formed causing the blockage, but if the tube is partially blocked it will refreeze quite quickly.

I use a steam cleaner to melt out any ice and blow the melted water down the tube and sanitizes the drain tube.

The steam cleaner looks like these, and you should be able to buy one at your local hardware or big box store.

click here for photos of steam cleaners

Once you get the back panel removed, use the steam cleaner to melt out all the accumulated ice and locate the drain hole under the radiator and stick the steam nozzle down into the drain hole until it blows thru.

It should stay clear after you do the procedure.

______________________________________________________________________

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out with your questions.

But if you still have questions, just ask , otherwise, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting one of the 5 stars or the Smiley Face to rate my help to you and me personally (not the site or the condition of your appliance) before you leave today.

I thought I would add, that many people think the payment they placed is sent to me after I answer their question. But,it is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then JA credits me for my time working with you.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out and feel free to come back to this question anytime with no additional charges after rating and your position will be saved. Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required, unless you feel I have given you exceptional service.

Have a great day!

Don

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you (or another Expert) recommend a technician to do the job for us?I am located in VIC 3046, Australia

where do you live

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! A highly regarded service company in your area is below.

CLICK HERE