Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Hoover 200M. Cold water is just dribbling into the machine.

Customer Question

Hoover 200M. Cold water is just dribbling into the machine. I tried to switch the hot and cold inlet valves, which worked momentarily, but water started to dribble again before 1 full cycle had completed.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the water pressure from the hose, which is fine.
I have also checked the filters on the inlet valves, and they are fine.I'm uncertain if the problem is that both inlet valves are faulty, or there is some other electronic issue in the machine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issues may be with your water supply, specifically, the hoses. Are you using new "Flood Safe" type hoses that shut off when a high flow is sensed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for your response. Are you referring to the hoses from the water supply to the inlet valve? If so, I'm using the old-style hoses, so I'm almost certain the problem is not with the water supply or hoses. I suspect the issue is in the machine itself, as it was working fine up until recently.Thanks,
Tim
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you are certain the water supply is adequate, you will need to measure the voltage at the valves. If the voltage remains steady and does not drop, then the valve is likely faulty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With a multimeter?If the voltage does drop, what would you suggest the problem might be?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, a multimeter or any meter that shows actual voltage, just not an audible type. If the voltage drops, then the problem would be related to the machine control. I suspect the voltage will remain steady, I just want to be sure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks. I don't have a multimeter, so will have to buy/borrow one before I can measure the voltage. Will get back to you once I have checked it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sure, no worries, thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you are referring to measuring the voltage at the inlet valve, I assume the washing machine should be switched off and disconnected from the power supply, and the multimeter set the the Ohms setting?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

For this test, you will need to have the machine plugged in and calling for water to measure voltage at the valve solenoid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a little reluctant to perform a test on the washing machine while the power is live. Can this be done safely by non-qualified person?I did perform a test on the terminals of the valve solenoid with the meter set to the Ohms setting, and both solenoids came back with a reading.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you have any concerns about performing it safely, then I would recommend you have it professionally repaired.