Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Dear troubleshooter.....seeking help to determine problem

Customer Question

Dear troubleshooter.....seeking help to determine problem with a Westinghouse Model WSE6100SA 610L SxS fridge S/S non I&W 2 Star, purchased new 3/9/11 --- fridge/freezer working well as normal but engine has a high pitched whistling sound with a slight rattling noise. Fridge has been used to the max over Xmas / NY period and being opened closed a lot & more food than normal being stored. Could it be overloaded?? Any thoughts as to what could be causing that sound? Many thanks.
Jane Kerr .... Customer No.(###) ###-####
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the noise is actually coming from the co0mpressor in the back of the refrigerator, the compressor is probably going to fail soon. However, the fan inside the freezer is much more likely to make that type of noise. Can you tell from where the noise comes from exactly?