Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Its ***** ***** I have a very old Simpson 504 Encore that

Customer Question

Customer: Hi its ***** ***** I have a very old Simpson 504 Encore that doesn't always recognise the water level and the PU light comes on. I can manually advance it and the pump works most times but I am wondering if all this is connected to the control board or just a very tired old machine wanting to retire gracefully!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Today it stopped at 17 mins, I advanced it one light and it continued until the 1 minute light came on. End of the wash completed and all is ok. But whilst I was on hols, my friend didn't stay to watch the water level and it flooded the laundry and then he couldn't get it to do the final spin. Advancing it to the last light goes to 10 mins but he had to wring out his clothes after trying several times to get it to spin.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Whitegoods Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It sounds like the pressure switch hose is partially restricted or the switch is failing. The pressure switch is mounted at the top of the machine, under the top panel by the controls. It will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have just noticed two entries on my credit card...$38.11 & $5.15. I was advised that it would only cost $18 for an answer. Please advise why these charges are appearing?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I have no access to anything other than this question. I don't see any of your account or payment information at all.