Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have an AEG Competence coffee machine. Model PE 8036-M. I

Customer Question

I have an AEG Competence coffee machine. Model PE 8036-M. I have cleaned it and followed all instructions to set the machine but it will not respond. So all buttons respond and are lit. I can make a coffee as long as I turn the button on an off but I cannot preset the amount of water. The book says to press the on button and the steam button together and that will reset to factory settings but the steam button will not connect at same time as on button. If I press the on button and then the steam button then the steam button will light up but not when pressed together. Also when I try to set the water level as indicated in the instructions, the machine behaves as it should during the setting up process but when I go to make a coffee, the water won't stop coming unless I press the button. So basically won't hold the setting in any memory. So I can manually make coffee but it won't measure water levels automatically. Is there a part available to remedy this? Thanks Deborah
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It sounds like the electronic control is having trouble. Unplug the appliance for a couple hours to reset the electronics. Any change when it is plugged back in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already tried that and it made no difference.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I suspect the main control PCB will need to be replaced, number 40 at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to tell from viewing the part if it is damaged?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Not from just looking, no. It appears, from the symptoms, that the programming is off in the electronic controller.