Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Our smeg dishwasher has an alarm going off which is the

Customer Question

our smeg dishwasher has an alarm going off which is the "pot" light on constantly, and the "regular" wash blinking intermittently. The manual says this is an alarm indicating the machine thinks its flooding. There is no water in the machine.
Also. the machine cycle is locked on. the minute we turn the unit on, the cycle is running.
Any help appreciated
Allan 0414 368 698
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When are we going to receive an answer? I have paid, and been waiting for over half an hour now. everytime I refresh the screen I keep getting told the wait time is 8 minutes. Are you guys taking the mick?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is water in the base of the machine, under the tub, that has actuated the flood cycle. That water will need to be dried out to restore operation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, what's the easiest way of getting the water out of the base? I did notice some water when I cleaned the filter, AND is this likely to be a recurring problem?Cheers
Allan
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You will probably have to pull it out and remove a side panel to dry it out and also inspect why it has leaked. It may be a one time leak or it may have a hose or seal issue below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,I've pulled the SMEG unit out, and there are no side panels to unscrew. Do I need to remove the shell of the unit? Is there something at the back that can be removed that will give access to the bottom of the unit where the water pool is? Any help approeciated, before I take the thing apart!!Allan
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?