Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Our washing machine starts the water comes out but into the

Customer Question

Our washing machine starts the water comes out but into the wrong compartment (pre wash) then water then stops then drains. No wash happens and it continues this for ages. The clothes get wet but not washed. There definitely is water coming out so no blockage but something is going on and we don't know what. Btw it's only 2 1/2 year old.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue lies with the pressure switch circuit. The pressure switch is mounted at the top of the machine, under the top panel. There is a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?