Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My name is ***** *****. I have just moved into a rental

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have just moved into a rental property and they have a Westinghouse Silhouette series gas wall oven, no model number or book (too old). cannot get it to work. The clock isn't working-cannot change the time. it seems stuck. Is this affecting the gas/oven to work?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We can't get the oven to work. We have gas going to the stove top elements so I was told by the gas company it is not a gas issue. I contacted the real estate who got in touch with the previous tenant who said we need to press a red button near the grill and and turn knob and then ignite the gas, but its not working. There is a clock on the oven and when we moved in, it said "Help" so I reset the time adn for some reason something went wrong, so I tried to reset and now its just stuck on a numeral and wont move. Is it because the clock isn't working that we cannot get the gas oven to work??
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Whitegoods Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the clock is in a timed bake mode. Can you post a picture of the control panel?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?