Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a ERM3701WE built in fridge that is 7 years old.

Customer Question

Hi I have a ERM3701WE built in fridge that is 7 years old. Recently the fridge door has visibly dropped several millimetres and the door is no longer closing properly. It appears the top hinge has started to fail. What is the best way to fix this - a new hinge? If so where do I buy one and how do I install it? Regards
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an Electrolux fridge.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a plastic door closer can on the lower hinge that has probably worn down, allowing the door to drop. See number 13 and 14 in the picture at the link below. Are those parts intact?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, those pieces appear to be still intact. Rupert
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does the door move vertically if lifted, like maybe the lower hinge is bent down a bit from the weight of the door?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
door does move up a little when lifted. The door has dropped both down and left so it is on a slight angle. Approx a quarter inch in both cases.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the bottom hinge has bent down, which would allow the drop in both directions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any idea what hinge I need?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You will need to phone them to get the part number, it is not in the parts list.

CLICK HERE