Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a bosch washing machine(AE20261AU/01) which I am

Customer Question

Customer: Hi there. I have a bosch washing machine(AE20261AU/01) which I am having trouble with. I am getting error 8 (E 8 not F 8). The machine seems to fill and pump water out, fill and pump water out over and over. I have tried cleaning filter, and impeller is working well as I pumps water out well.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm not sure what else to say Anything specific you require?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: THats fine. If you can help me solve it I am happy to pay $18.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The error you are seeing means the control thinks the washer is overfilling. See the attached picture. If you remove the top of the machine, you will find the pressure switch mounted right at the very top. If you remove the hose that is connected to the pressure switch and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Kelly,THanks for your answer.Overfilling definitely sounds correct.I don't think i've found the pressure switch, I have attached a pic, perhaps you could annotate and let me know where it is.I have blown through the following hoses with these results -
Black hose into top filling solenoid - air cannot pass
Black hose into lower filling solenoid - air cannot pass
Black hose from top solenoid to white box at top - air passes freely
Black hose from lower solenoid to white box at top - air passes freely
Grey hose into bowl - air passes freely
Hose fitting which grey hose plugs onto - air passes freelyThere are no other hoses which I can see from the top.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Right front corner, the white part with the small black hose attached to it. Can you blow through that hose when removed from the switch?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Kelly,When looking at front of the washing machine, the only part which has hoses attached, is on the LEFT, not right. Then I have all of the testing results in my previous message. Please markup the photo I have attached if there is something hiding which I cannot see. Air passes freely into and out of the white box on the left from all 3 ports on it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

See the picture at link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Kelly,I found the hose you meant. I'm sorry, it had a strange rib on it which made it look like a bunch of wires. My fault.Good news and bad though, I blew through it and managed to clear the E8 fault. I then successfully did one 15 minute cycle. without and clothes. However when my wife ran her first load, and it filled for about 4-5 seconds, then you your hear a solenoid drop out, and then stop bringing in water. Then after about 5 minutes, it gives an E5 error now. I have done this same process 3 times over. Fills for 4 seconds, then stops, then gives E5 error.I have checked the water inlet filter, and also successfully blown into the tubes from the inlet solenoids to square white box on the top left of the machine.Any ideas on this one?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

If that hose is clear, the pressure switch is likely faulty.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Kelly,Thanks for your response.I've tested the pressure switch with a meter on Ohms and blowing into the , and it appears to function fine. I also opened it , and it appears perfect inside.There is a chance it is out of calibration though. Thoughts?I am having trouble sourcing the part too, it costs $30 with $60 shipping from Germany.