Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

When I open the doors of the fridge, the light goes out and

Customer Question

When I open the doors of the fridge, the light goes out and also the power turns off. Sometimes when I close the door, the light comes back on and also the power. Sometimes I have to turn the power off on the wall and then turn it back on.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a short in the wiring of the door switch/light circuit. Most often times, the problem is inside the cabinet and is not accessible. It may be a fault on the electronic control, depending on the model.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model is EHE5107SA.Thank you Kelly
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That model is fully electronic. The electronic control is likely faulty, the door circuit goes through the electronics on that model.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that different to the circuit board they slot in at the back.CheersKaren
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No, the one in the back is the main control and the one I believe will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand your answer???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The one you believe needs to be replaced is???!?Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please clarify the exact name of "the one you believe needs to be replaced" please. I havepaid for advice but you last answer is ambiguous.Many thanksKaren
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiI would like a refund for this answwer. It makes not sense whatsoever. I have contacted you 3 times requesting clarification and you have ignored me. Also I have been charged $35 for membership which I did not request. This is fraud. Please refund the charge of $35 and $21. If I do not hear from you I will instruct my bank to reject the charges as they are fraudulent.Karen Verity