Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Have a Westinghouse por883s oven & door will not close due

Customer Question

Customer: hi have a Westinghouse por883s oven & door will not close due to pyro lock being enabled
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the little lever that prevents the door from opening when in Pyro mode has turned to the door lock position & will not move I cannot shut the oven door...I have tried turning the power off for 1/2 hour then on again but it does not reset.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Whitegoods Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The door lock assembly will probably need to be replaced. It is shown as number 1 in the diagram below. Can you help it to move with a plier?

CLICK HERE