Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a westing house French door, works fine water comes

Customer Question

I have a westing house French door , works fine water comes out cool but not cold. However the problem is the ice maker , it freezes up in the tray and then sets as a bulk block in bottom of draw and wont turn the auger. It only takes a couple of hors to freeze up. I have to empty every day and chip bulk ice away from auger at back and floor of draw. please help?
regards
john
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It sounds like the water inlet valve is leaking and creating an ice block. Are the cubes on top that are not frozen in the block of normal size or does it ever make good cubes?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?