Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Top loader taps are leaking. are there washers i can replace

Customer Question

top loader taps are leaking. are there washers i can replace or do i need to replace the whole tap?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the leak is at the wall tap, you may be able to replace the seals or tighten the nuts around the shaft. Where exactly is the leak?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, The leak is happening inside the machine, i.e. the drum is filling up over time. I was wondering how hard it would be to open up the machine and replace either the solenoid driven taps or simply the washers. I believe it's the washers that require replacement but do not know if I can replace them or if the taps come as a (most likely expensive) unit. If the electronics were faulty we'd either have no water or too much water hence why i think it's the washers
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Oh, if it fills up over time without being on, the inlet valves will need to be replaced completely, they are not serviceable. The entire valve must be replaced, I would replace both unless you know for certain which one is leaking.