Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Maytag fridge - its an older model 2 door freezer

Customer Question

Hi I have a Maytag fridge - its an older model 2 door freezer one side and fridge on other - it has worked fine for years but just this week has started to trip the power in the house.. we have tried to run the fridge from various other power point around the house and it trips out every time? Our energy company have been working on lines in our town recently and the power has been going on and off and I am wondering if this has caused my fridge to now play up?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The two most likely causes of the switch tripping is a compressor or defrost heater shorted. Does it trip a couple of times per day or more often?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?