Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Electrolux Sensor dry model EDC47130W the starter button

Customer Question

Electrolux Sensor dry model EDC47130W the starter button flashes red after a short period of drying
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Inside the dryer are two metal strips that sense the moisture in the clothes. The clothing passes over the strips and create an electrical path with the moisture in them. The metal strips sense the resistance in that electrical path and send that resistance reading to the control. The control then reads the resistance reading, interprets the resistance and from that reading determines how long the dryer needs to run. The less moisture in the clothing, the higher the resistance. The problem is that over time, detergent and softener residue builds up on the metal sensor strips and creates an insulating barrier between the strips and the clothing. Since the strips cannot sense the moisture in the clothing because of this barrier, it sends a high resistance reading to the control. The control then interprets that to mean that the clothes are dry and shuts off prematurely. You will need to clean those strips with a Scotch Brite pad, steel wool, sand paper or other abrasive to remove that barrier. Let me know what happens.