Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have LG fridge freezer that makes ices, Model GRP197WVS,

Customer Question

Hi I have LG fridge freezer that makes ices, Model GRP197WVS, the ice maker side beeps every minute driving us crazy.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you please email me your reply, I think it's the ice maker that is causing the problem with the peeping sound.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The beeping is due to a door switch issue or a temperature problem. Are the doors shutting easily and securely? How are the temperatures?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The doors seem to be closed probably and temperature is a bit colder than usual maybe I have pumped a switch. What can I do to stop.the peeping?
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

Unplug the appliance for at least 1 hour to reset the electronics. Does the beeping restart when plugged back in?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Kelly I have tried turning off the Fridge for 1 hour with no difference. I just want to mention that I think it has something to do with the ice maker because when we got the fridge it was off. And we have not connected it, however the ice and Water light is on. One of the kids has accidentally pressed the buttons and it had come on and that is when the lights and the peeping started.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I am not awaor of the ice maker causing beeping. I will open your question up for others to see, maybe another has seen this.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm just wondering that might be the cause as all the lights were off and there was no peeping until I noticed the ice maker lights on and then it I noticed it peeping.