Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Washing machine W 3364WPS The Check inlet and check drain

Customer Question

Washing machine W 3364WPS
The Check inlet and check drain lights are both flashing, --- on the display. My manual tells me the water protection system has failed.
I have cleaned out the drain pump.
I suspect the inlet hose is the issue, tap working fine and the filter in the inlet hose is clear.
I live in Australia
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should add, although I live in Australia the machine came over from the UK with us. It is about 10 years old. Faithful untroubled service for all that time till now.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You may have wate4r in the base of the cabinet, that will cause the issue you are having. Typically, when both lights are on, it is a leak issue. If you tip the washer, does it drain any water out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I am now on holiday and away from the appliance, so unable to answer that with confidence, but I moved the machine about to get round the back including tilting it quite a bit and no water came out! I don't think there is a leak.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Just post back when you are available and we can continue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately this service is not what I expected it to be. I had hoped for an immediate response as we were leaving to go overseas on the afternoon I required help and had to make a plan with some people staying home and a broken washing machine. I was under the impression that I would enter into an immediate live chat with someone that morning. As it happens I had to make an alternative plan for the period I am away and this help is likely to not be relevant anymore by the time I return home. It is therefore quite likely that I will not get back in touch. Thank you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I understand, thank you.