AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

I have a LG WT-H756 washing machine it fills with water but

Customer Question

hi i have a LG WT-H756 washing machine it fills with water but wont aggitate has de on the display boared,lid not closed?could you please tell me where the sensor is for the lid.cheers
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  AUSSIE- Repair Tech. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome,

The lid switch mechanism is inside the top rear panel on the washing machine, behind the lid. You will need to come in from the rear, undo the screws and then check the spring and the switch that the lid leans against when in the closed position. The LG top loaders have a habit of corrosion on the spring which interacts between the lid hinge and the switch. If the spring has corroded or popped out of position, then the machine will give you the DE code telling you the lid isnt closed, when in fact it physically is.

The screws on the top rear panel are accessed from the rear of the machine, usually 3 of them, then you need to physically force the cover upwards as to gain access to the lid hinge etc...

Good luck and let me know how you go with it okay

Any follow up questions, just ask, Im here to help where I can.

Cheers