Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I'm an electrician in central queensland with a ghrise where

Customer Question

I'm an electrician in central queensland with a highrise where all units have Blanco oven & cooktops.
One of these model BCCR642DT, the plates keeps cutting in and out when heating a pot of water. I have tried 2 different hotplates and thet are both doing the same.
I assume there is a over temperature cutout in there to prevent the plates overheating if there is nothing on them.
Can you tell me what part I need to replace.
Regards James.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  AUSSIE- Repair Tech. replied 1 year ago.

Hi James and welcome,

Are all of the cook tops in the high rise doing this? In relation to the model number you stated above?

BCCR642DT ?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, no just this one, I filled 2 saucepans with water and put them on 2 of the 4 hotplates and both initially heated up, after about a 1-2 minutes they both started cutting off separately, and after about 30 secs cut back on.
This pattern continued, on both until I switched the plates off.

Hmmm seems quite unusual,

Not sure I can really help you on this one, so I will open your question back up to all the other experts here and someone will be along soon to assist.

Id have to be there in person to test things with a multimeter*** to give you an honest answer**

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue may be related to the size of the pots being used. If you use a pot that is too big or too small, the burner will cycle incorrectly. If you are certain the pot sizes are appropriately matched to the burner size, the limiter that runs through the center of the element is likely faulty. That part is part of the surface element assembly and not available separately.