AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

Rob, our 10yo WD-8026C has been good except circuit board a

Customer Question

Hi Rob, our 10yo WD-8026C has been good except for failed circuit board a few years ago. Few days ago my wife said it was very noisy and smoked, not from circuit board but from the body. The belt seems fine and remains cool, as does the motor. Should I check the spider, gas struts, or what? Thanks, John
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I am wondering if the smoke may have been from the inner tub rubbing against the outer tub. If you lift up and down on the inner tub only, does it seem loose? Did you happen to notice of the shock absorbers on the bottom of the tub were intact?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, nothing is making any sense here. I paid a deposit yesterday when submitting my question, and was told an expert would get back to me. You did so, Kelly, but I seem unable to communicate back except for one brief exchange. Last contact you said you were taking me to a page where I could pay a deposit, again! This is not helping me at all. I am happy to pay to get some answers, but this is not good. John
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

This is the first reply I have received from you!? I don't have anything to do (or have access to) any account routing. I am not sure why you are having trouble but will place your question back to the list.

Expert:  AUSSIE- Repair Tech. replied 1 year ago.

I want you to run 2 rinse and spin cycles on this machine. Sometimes a dodgy water pump will make a lot of noise after running for a while, later in the cycles. They are synchonous and are renowned for failing in this way. See if you can also visually inspect the pump to see if the electrical part has warped from heat* and burnt out etc..

Is the machine pumping with good force also...?

Please get back to me so we can work from there.

Thank you

I will try to assist you with this matter now*

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, just saw this. I'm afraid I gave up and called a mobile appliance tech. He's coming Friday. If no good I may call back but will probably junk it and buy another.Thanks for getting back, though I'm a bit surprised how long all this has taken.Cheers, John

Thanks John, let me know how you go okay,

Cheers