Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I need to replace a 'tired' (very noisy) motorized

Customer Question

I need to replace a 'tired' (very noisy) motorized damper assy (Part no. FBZA-1750) in my Westinghouse RJ393V (with freezer at the top), but I am too scared to proceed any further with the removal of the cover (identified on parts list as 'Housing Control
assy') in case I damage something! All I can find is one screw at the bottom of the cover and after removing that, it might as well stay out, as it doesn't look like the cover wants to be removed easily... It's obviously held in place with fasteners that I
cannot see and have no clue as to where they are. Probably clips? I am an instrument tech by trade thus very proficient with this kind of work, however I cannot find any instruction manuals other than the one that comes with the fridge upon initial purchase,
which tells little more than how to plug it in, use it and how to clean it... Please advise on how to proceed.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The breakdown is shown below. I believe that rear panel will lift up to release from plastic retaining tabs once the screw is removed. Some has pressure tabs, too, you should be able to determine which it has by lifting up and see if it moves. It will be much easier if the plastic is warm, too.

CLICK HERE