Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I've got an electrolux EWF1282 that when you start it, water

Customer Question

I've got an electrolux EWF1282 that when you start it, water keeps filling then starts leaking water. not coming form the sump rain hose and the drain pump is working. Any ideas?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You either have a faulty water inlet valve or the pressure switch circuit has issues. If you unplug the machine and it stops filling, the valve is fine. In that case, remove the top of the machine and locate the pressure switch mounted at the top of the cabinet. It will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Kelly, water does stop filling if you turn the dial to off or unplug the machine. the pressure switch line does allow free flow of air. the pressure switch itself does have internal movement and manually activating it (gentle blow) when the machine is filling has an effect but not the normal cycle function. When the machine starts to leak it appears to run down between the plastic drum casing and the concrete counterweight. If it is a pressure switch system issue is it likely to be the switch itself or the control board? I am assuming that the white capsule that comes off the sump drain hose is the start of the pressure line?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If the pressure hose is clear and does not appear to have any holes or air leaks in it, I would replace the pressure switch. The plastic capsule is the start of where the air pressure increases when the tub fills with water.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've replaced the pressure switch and manually operating it makes the machine function as normal - although I don't know that the water level is where it should be. When I reconnect the hose it doesn't function. I have removed and reinstalled the white plastic capsule and checked it is not cracked and the hose and connection is good. I have checked the capsule/ sump drain connection and it appears sound and I can't see anywhere else that an air leak in that section could occur. I will check all connections again - any other thoughts? Cheers.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There has to be an air leak somewhere. I would replace the hose to the pressure switch.