Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Blanco fan forced gas oven will not ignite. Only the

Customer Question

Blanco fan forced gas oven will not ignite. Only the electric griller with fan comes on. I have turned the control to oven and the griller comes on. The same as when I turn the control to griller symbol which should come on and it does. The oven is not recognizing to light the gas jets. I have misplaced my manual so not familiar how to set the oven back up. I have played around with control window where it has + symbol, - symbol, manual and automatic, plus a bell symbol, plus hours and minutes. As mentioned, when I cooked a roast last I had it on griller by mistake, and a lot of smoke was coming out of the oven until I realised my mistake, but it would not ignite from then onwards, so had to resort to bbq to finish off the meat. I hope this is sufficient information to help problem.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect a thermal fuse may have opened with the griller selection only on. The smoke would indicate that it definitely got pretty warm in there so it probably opened as a safety.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number is ***** thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I don't see a thermal fuse for this model. The manual is available at the link below. Will the oven program and operate after programming?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think this is too difficult for me to solve over the internet as my elderly husband has been in hospital and came home at the weekend, and I am now caring for him. I have now decided I would prefer to have a technician visit me. Thank you for your help, and please take my name off the monthly trial period and joining fee. I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused your organisation and kelly the technician. kind regards kathy
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I understand, thank you. Well wishes to your husband for a speedy recovery and your strength as you care for the both of you. Take care, Kathy.....