Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

The water dispenser of my may tag fridge is used regularly

Customer Question

the water dispenser of my may tag fridge is used regularly daiy many times and i have changed the water filter regularly but the dispenser has fungus/mould around it and in it - how are we supposed to clean these areas please ? The owners manual has nothing about this.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The easiest and safest way is to spray white distilled vinegar on the areas needing to be lceaned and allow it to sit for about 30 minutes and it will kill the mold and any bacteria. Using a harsh chemical cleaner can contaminate the water the next time it is used, so I would only use vinegar.

Vinegar kills bacteria and germs. Vinegar also kills 82% of mold species.

• Pour the vinegar into a spray bottle. Do not dilute the vinegar.
  • If you prefer, you can use a cloth to apply the vinegar, instead of using a spray bottle.
  • Apply the vinegar to the moldy surface. You might need to scrub the mold away to remove it totally.
  • Leave the vinegar to sit for about half an hour. Then rinse and wipe the surface with water.
  • Alternatively, you can leave the surface without rinsing it. This is the best way, if the vinegar smell does not bother you. Leaving the vinegar without rinsing will help prevent the mold coming back.
  • The vinegar smell should go after a few hours.