Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Miele Supertronic front loader. I have two questions. Can

Customer Question

Hello
Miele Supertronic front loader. I have two questions.
Can you please tell me if water is used in the machine AFTER it has gone through the lint filter?
Is it possible for colour from one load of washing to 'infect' clothes two loads later? The situation is a coloured item was washed (may or may not be colour fast although it looks ok on the drying line), then a load of darks was washed and then a load of whites. The whites took on some colour. Could the colour have come from the previous loads if no items were found in the drum? The lint filter had some lint that possibly came from the coloured load.
thanks, Jim
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There could be remnants of colored lint in the machine after washing, sure. That is why it is recommended to wash whites first then colored loads. After the last colored load, I run a quick cleaning cycle, too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Kelly,Another cycle did run between the coloured and the whites that were damaged which reduces not only the chance of coloured lint remaining but also the likelihood of there being enough lint to influence the white garments (3 shirts and misc items) in the next load.I assume from the fact you did not answer all questions that there is no recycling of water through the lint trap itself.thanks, Jim
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the confusion, no water is recycled. It is all drained out at the last load. Of course, once the water level is low enough for the pump to draw air, the siphon breaks. So, there is always a little water in the pump after every load. It would be unlikely that it would be enough to color the white load, though.