Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Bosch KFN91 new fridge/freezer and the freezer is

Customer Question

Hi I have a Bosch KFN91 new fridge/freezer and the freezer is freezing up and I can see ice forming on the inside drawer and around the bottom compartment. The freezer temp is set at -15 what could the problem be?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most likely cause of the ice formation is warm air getting into the freezer. Do you see any areas in the gasket on the drawer that are not sealing well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There only appears to be one seal around the large freezer drawer that slides out. This all looks in place and like it is sealing well to me. Where would other gaskets be?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If that gasket is good, you may have a leak in the other gaskets that is allowing warm air to enter. I do suspect it is an issue with warm air entering the cabinet, though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where would other gaskets be located in this model, in the freezer thats what I asked above?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

On the fresh food side. The fan will draw air in from any leak point.