Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Fisher & Paykel 5.5 washing machine will not spin or drain -

Customer Question

Fisher & Paykel 5.5 washing machine will not spin or drain - it just
makes this very faint noise, but nothing happens. We have taken out some of the load and checked that nothing is tangled, but it doesn't help. We have turned it off at the wall and turned it on again...gone through the cycles.
Can you help
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it cannot drain the water, it will not spin. I suspect the noise you are hearing is the drain pump trying to run. You will probably need to remove the hoses from the drain pump to drain the water and then remove a foreign object from the pump impeller to restore operation. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I remove the hoses?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There are clamps on them that will need to be removed first. Of course, the water will come out. Access is easiest by leaning the machine against the wall and propping it up so you can safely get under it.