Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have the new Miele Front Loader and I couldn't believe it

Customer Question

I have the new Miele Front Loader and I couldn't believe it when it was delivered and the technician told me I had to empty the water from the front opening (down on the floor) every few washes. I actually do this after every wash and it's a ridiculous amount of water that spills out. The only way to do this is actually laying towels in front of the machine to soak up the water as it is a large amount. Any clues?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model is WKG130 hope this helps
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect you misunderstood the installer or were misinformed. You only need to clean that filter periodically to remove things that get into the wash that should not. That filter catches debris before it gets into the pump impeller. If you are careful about checking pockets, it will not require cleaning very often, maybe once a month or less. To clean it after every few loads is not necessary, unless you are retrieving a lot of items not designed to go through the washer. The water that comes out is normal, the water cannot be totally pumped out once the bulk is drained and air enters the pump.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry you must misunderstand me I am not cleaning out a filter there is a tap device on the bottom right hand side behind a push in door. It is like a petrol cap in my car. I was told that you have to drain the excess water every few washes but it's beyond that - I have to drain it every day that I use the machine and it is a huge amount of water - it soaks through more than one towel!!!! as the machine is on the ground you cannot do anything but put towels down. i have no rubbish in the filter that you mentioned and have no idea where that is anyway. This is a drainage point and is ridiculous. A very expensive machine that has to be drained of excess water and I have no idea where that comes from either. I hope this makes more sense
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually the technician told me to drain it every 3 weeks would be enough. I don't understand Miele making a product that has to be manually drained at all and i expected it may be a 1/2 cup but it is more than 1 litre at a time...
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

See page 20 at the link below. Is this what you are draining?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh dear I am not that stupid even though I am a blonde and Australian (yep I'm in Sydney) anyway that's the detergent dispenser you are talking about and I am talking about the left hand panel opposite this section on P21. Mine is P71 I think (I've just scrolled through your pages from the manual) I am now thinking as I have NO debris in there that perhaps the water line is kinked but the machine is in a purpose built cavity with a dryer on top of it!! I will now have to wait for my Husband to return from overseas to sort it out. I am off to Cambodia tomorrow to work for 3 weeks (I do outreach volunteer work there) and wanted to be really clever and sort this before I go...If you have another idea please let me know. I only look at my emails once a day and there is a big time zone difference as you're in America aren't you?
Thanks ,Amanda